Sunday, April 26, 2009

The beach was so worth it!

Today, Sunday, was filled with peer pressure. It is once again my other roommates birthday. We celebrated last night, no peer pressure there. Assumption had a barbeque at night so we did that then sung to her and hung out. The weather was so nice; it put everyone in a good mood.

So today, it was about 90 degrees. We made tentative plans to go to my friend’s beach house for the day. I wanted to go, but I have a big test on Tuesday and I cannot study for it on Monday. That means I would have to do everything tonight. Well this morning when she woke me up, I was hesitant but when there is a group of 15 girls going and begging you to go, telling you it is going to be so fun, I couldn’t resist. I was laying in bed deciding when a few of them walked in. Some of the peer pressure ideas consisted of “it is going to be so nice out today” “we have finals in a week, soak it all up now” “we can be nice and tan and just sleep and relax on the beach today.” And of course, there was “you can do your work when we get back, we won’t be back to late, we all have work to day.”

So of course I pack my bag, and we are on our way. A pit stop at dunkin donuts and an hour and a half later, we are at Cait’s beach house. We stayed on the beach all day, it was perfect weather, hot, but with a nice cool breeze. We tried to get my other roommate to go but the peer pressure didn’t work so much on her. She did text me saying that it was miserably hot on campus and she was dying of heat. I was glad I went. We had such a good time and it was worth every minute. We stayed at the beach until about 5 and the best part was her mom had a cook out for us! Hamburgers, hotdogs, salad, pasta salad, we had the works and filled up before our hour and half ride back.

Well now it is 12:33 and I am still doing my studying guide. I don’t see how I can last much longer, I have been up since 8:30 and I have to get up at 8 to student teach tomorrow. Talk about exhaustion I don’t know how I am going to do that?

I guess when I look at it like that, I better get in bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment