Thursday, April 16, 2009

Finally, a little break in this semester

After a long day of a paper due in my 10:00 class, an hour long presentation in my 1:00 class and two papers due in my 2:30 class, I can finally hang out for a few hours. I think my main assignments are out of my way for the semester, but that does not leave it stress free. I still have many papers I need to get back so I can have a better idea of my grades. Many of my friends are going out tonight and since I do not have much work, I am going to go out. Even though I was planning on going out, I could still see a lot of peer pressure. Many people asked me if I was going out and they also said that they “cannot wait…it is going to be so much fun…everyone is going out tonight.” Although I was planning on going out, if I was not planning on going out, these words said by the right people could influence my decision.

One of my friends has a big accounting test tomorrow; she was debating whether or not to go out at 3:00 when I talked to her. I just talked to her a few minutes ago, and what do you know? She is going out. She said that she studied all she could and if she stays in she won’t learn anymore. Hopefully that is the case and when she wakes up in the morning, she can take the test successfully. Accounting is all numbers, so how hard is it for her to look at her neighbor and copy a few numbers down? Probably not hard. When tomorrow rolls around and she feels as if she does not know the answer, she, along with other students may cheat.

This is similar with papers. When a student decides to go to a bar on a Thursday night when they have a paper due on a Friday that they have not started, it is probably not going to be their best work, if it is their work at all. Wouldn’t it be much more convenient to just go to 123helpme.com and buy a paper for $19.99? Although college kids are dirt poor, $19.99 for a paper is a good barging when you are getting a whole paper written for you and you will most likely receive an A. An A will not only impress their parents, but it will also keep their GPA high, and allow them time to do what they want such as going out and partying with their friends. College kids are here to do work and perform their best in order to succeed and get a job. It seems as if it is the opposite and as if college students will do anything, or go any limit to avoid doing their work But what happens when the real word comes and hits them in the face and they are not prepared?

No comments:

Post a Comment