Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Should i go to the movies?

Last night I was under a lot of peer pressure. I was doing some homework because I have so much. It was my friend’s birthday and we had just sung happy birthday to her. One of the girls brought up the ideas of going to the movies for 6 dollar Tuesdays. Sounds like a great idea right? We’ll I had a lot of homework I should be doing and my friend, whose birthday it was, has a big test today.

After much peer pressure of “you can do you’re homework later, we’ll be back by 9” and “come on didn’t you want to see that movie,” we all went. After 6 dollars and a medium popcorn later, we were in the theater ready to see “The Last House on the Left.” I am not big on scary movies but I thought I would give it a shot. We’ll throughout the whole thing I am saying to my self “this is the worst movie ever” “get me out of here.” It had a good story line but not only was it scary, it was stupid and disturbing. Anyway we were not fans of the movie and in the end, should have stayed here and got some work/ studying done.

Now I just woke up at 12:00 and am writing this blog, cramming to finish my work before class at 1:30. My friend who has the test is saying, “that was the worst idea of my life”.

Peer pressure takes over student’s minds at school. Work is so heavy that students will do anything to avoid their homework and hang out with their friends. This, however, only leads to cheating and plagiarism. My friend who has the test today at 4 has to skip her 1:30 and study all day hoping she will get it all down by 4. If she does not…will that lead to her cheating? If she has to skip her 1:30 and miss class…will she fall behind and turn to plagiarizing? Peer pressure is not something that will ever be stopped. Everyone likes to have a good time with all of their friends and people do not want t miss out on a good time when you only live once. That could have been the best movie I have ever seen. When students get peer pressured to skip class, put off studying, put off their work and make decisions they know they shouldn’t, well, they might just take all those opportunities and plagiarize.

No comments:

Post a Comment