Thursday, February 12, 2009

another 21st birthday!

Tonight is Thursday and the 21st birthdays are not stopping! It is Cassie's birthday tonight but I really shouldn't go out. I have a lot of homework and also am supposed to go to Rachel's Challenge tonight to support my friend Ryan who is running it. I was debating what to because Cassie and all of her friends wanted me to go. Well I decided not to go out for her birthday despite all of the pressure. I get peer pressured really easily so I am surprised and happy with my choice. Instead of getting work done however, I went to the Rachel's Challenge. It was actually a really good presentation. It was at Wachusett High School where a speaker came to discuss Rachel Joy Scott's death from Columbine High School. Ryan really wanted us to go so I went with my friends. It was a really good program and am glad that I decided to go to that and not go out. Rachel’s Challenge is very interesting and the speaker talked about all of the coincidences in her life. For example Rachel wrote in her journal that she wanted to start a chain reaction to better the community and make a better influence on everybody’s life. This is ironic because today she is doing so through the speeches her family and friends are giving today. She also had a feeling that she was going to die young and was the nicest person in the school. She somehow wanted to and knew she was going to make a difference in the world, which she is. It is a very moving presentation but definitely worth seeing! Now that I am back, I don’t want to but I know I have to do some work. It is now 11:00 and my friends have been in here all night chatting so I haven't gotten much work done. I want to get work done tonight because I know there will be a lot of peer pressure tomorrow and the rest of the weekend where I will not be able to complete my work, or at least to the best of my ability. I have a lot of work coming up next weekend between reading 162 pages in a novel and my first big test in my Education class. I hope I can sneak some work in with out being peer pressured to not do it! I am going to get some reading done before bed and hopefully some more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment