Monday, February 23, 2009

Just booked my trip to Cancun!

I do not have much work this week which is good because I won’t have to worry about getting my work done and socializing. I do however; have three papers due on Monday which I need to get a start on. I did just book a trip to Cancun though for spring break! My friends from home wanted to go and needed an answer because we wanted to book before the price went up. After some peer pressure and thinking, I booked it! This did however push any work I should have been working on back. I did not get much of anything done tonight! I did some interviews for my class about plagiarism. They were very interesting, one of the girls I interviewed was caught plagiarizing and had to sign a form with the dean, but as far as that no one knows about it and it will be out of her file in five years. Not a big punishment for plagiarizing huh? She didn’t copy or take somebody’s work but she unintentionally copied a few quotes from the book her class was reading. She did it unintentionally but believes students face peer pressure every day especially on the weekends when they are pressured to go out, drink and party every weekend. She also believes that students do it to ease their way out which is definitely true but it seems as if that would be involved with peer pressure in that they want to get it done as quickly and as efficiently as they can with out doing all of the work. It makes sense especially being in a college environment and if they can get away with it. I personally believe it is wrong and would never do it but I see it all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment